Sunday, January 22, 2023

Guadalupe River State Park

 I enjoyed visiting my daughter's church this morning. Very friendly. Even people who didn't see I was with her introduced themselves. When they found out I was her mom, each one told me how much they loved her. "Me, too," was my answer.

After church we went to Lupe's Tortillas for lunch. They told us it would be a twenty minute wait. It was thirty minutes. And then we waited an hour for our food. Delicious, but it really ate into our afternoon. It was 4 PM before we arrived at the park. Fortunately, it gets dark way later here than at home.

Beautiful place.

We did a lot of scrambling. Note to self: When hiking, assume we will do some scrambling even if someone tells you the trails are level and don't need more than sneakers. Wear boots.

The scramble was well worth it!

My daughter has a cat she has taken on camping trips at times. He's still getting used to the leash.

He spent more time in the backpack which expands into a little tent when we take breaks.


The sun had gone down by the time we left. Great day. 

Lots of cool campsites to come back to.


No comments:

Post a Comment