Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hotel Akka Antedon

Rocks between the sand and the water.
Not pleasant. As I recall, the Riviera is the same.
Today is get-over-jet-lag day. Not that one can get over nine hours of time change in a day, but this is relax time before meetings start with dinner. Several times today I have had to check my mouth to be sure it wasn’t gaping as I marveled that I was actually here to enjoy this spectacular place. Lots of prayers of gratitude going up from my beach chair or from the garden table at lunch or the balcony where I had my devotions. I have a dissertation I have to finish proofreading. It will take discipline to get it done in this setting.
The hotel is the Akka Antedon about half way down the bay from Antalya. Winter rates started November 1 and are all-inclusive—buffets breakfast, lunch, dinner and 11 PM that rival any cruise ship. There is a Mediterranean flare (duh) with six or eight varieties of olives, tomatoes and cucumbers at breakfast as well as awesome breads, egg dishes, etc. At lunch I didn’t even look at anything but salads with mussels and mixed cheeses in a vinaigrette.  Free beverages from several little kiosks on the grounds conveniently located for conversation nooks along the beach or among the trees. Actually, there are plenty of inviting nooks inside as well that shout Turkish coffee and maybe some dancing girls.
I have only two complaints: I haven’t been able to download a new library book. (I had no problem in Korea, so didn’t worry about not getting around to it before I left home on Monday.) And this may be the Mediterranean, but our sandy beach in Wisconsin (when we have one, which we didn’t this summer because the water is so high) is WAY better. Of course, the temperatures here cannot be rivaled in Wisconsin. At least, not at this time of year.

Grandson Simeon would LOVE this.

The resort pools just go on and on, crossed by occasional bridges. Too bad the water is in the 60s.

Still working on this selfie thing. Here is the balcony where I had my devotions.


View from my afternoon nap. Steve thinks it looks like a portrait of my tea mug. I'm thinking of making the tea mug my avitar, taking pictures of it in different places where I drink tea.


When I turned the opposite direction during my nap, this was my view. Steve opted for a view of the room. Bor-ing.


Peaking through the fence on the way back to the room after my nap.
 No wonder they call it the Turquoise Coast.




2 comments:

  1. If you're going to start keeping track of the countries in which you've had tea, you have some catching up to do if you are going to rival Steve's pizza list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need a list--just pictures. Tea shops have always been a part of our wandering. Just ask our kids, They were shocked in college that setting a time to meet up at the tea shop was not a part of everyone's idea of a museum visit.

      Delete