Monday, September 4, 2017

Kauai Beach Resort

It seemed like I spent half the morning making plans and reservations for our stay while Mom waited in the room, unsure about going out on her own. It was 10:15 by the time we headed for the beach. The hotel is lovely. It was a picture of this lobby that convinced me to choose this one over the others I found on-line. So far we haven't sat in it, but it is pleasant to walk through.






The six pools and hot tubs are landscaped Disney style with lots of plants and waterfalls.



This beach is right out front. I settled Mom in a lounge chair I dragged from the hotel onto the grass overlooking the beach. (She was nervous about trying to make it down the incline to the water.) I went for a walk. I decided I like the idea of walking on a beach more than the reality. Deep sand makes walking a chore, and the slope means one leg feel shorter than the other, but the view is fine.


When I returned from my walk, thinking I should get Mom out of the sun, she had covered up with a towel. We moved to the pool where she could sit in the shade. I went for a dip and explored the various man-made water falls and went down the water slide three times.


Then we took showers and got ready for our first big adventure on Kauai--a sunset dinner cruise on the Na Pali Coast. On the way out I stopped to take a picture of this lush tunnel of trees we pass through to enter and leave the resort.




No comments:

Post a Comment