Friday, September 1, 2017

Off on Great Hawaiian Adventure

Mom and I are off on our Great Hawaiian Adventure. Mom wasn’t the only one in a wheelchair when we boarded in Seattle. I guess Hawaii is a major senior destination. I find myself more nervous this trip than traveling alone to Korea. Not only is Steve is not with me, but Mom is, and any mistakes I have made in arrangements will fall on her as well as me.


















I didn’t think to pull out my camera until this great view of Ranier was almost passed. The countryside of NW Washington is so spectacular in every direction. We have to come back and explore more another time.

 

No meals provided on domestic flights anymore and HNL is US despite the length of the flight. We left MSP at 2:30 PM. Knowing we would have minimal time in Seattle, we shared a two-entry Wok and Roll and added a couple egg rolls at MSP at noon. For supper we had pb&j with apples, raisons and airline snacks after we too off for HNL. Mom slept a bit on the five-hour flight. I dozed.

We landed at 8:20 PM local time. That was 1:20 AM body time. I knew I didn’t want to tackle renting a car and finding my way through a strange city when I was brain dead, so we caught a shuttle. Longer wait than we would have liked. By the time we were in bed it was 3AM at home. Sleeping pills helped us to sleep through. Except when Mom’s phone went off for messages…


Now it is morning and I have to figure out the car thing, but at least I’m alert enough to think.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Sorry that I can't help with the driving, but I'm glad I'm there for your choice of food....

    ReplyDelete