Friday, September 14, 2018

Utah Day 4: Sundown at Arches

Last evening after supper I went up the hill to see the light of the setting sun on the rocks. I saw enough to know I had to try again, but realized that I was about an hour too late. So today I got there about 6:15. I had noted last night that Windows was higher and would therefore be the last to lose the sun, so I headed there, stopping on the way to shoot and jump back in the car. I felt like I was chasing the light. Here are a few of the results. You can see the light fading in the last couple. I made it to Windows in time, but just.










I was in good company. It was hard to find a parking space at Windows. Even as I drove back more cars were arriving. I felt sorry for them missing the brilliant color. Then I realized they were there for the stars. I almost turned back.

No comments:

Post a Comment