Saturday, June 1, 2019

Cape Town Day 2

After a quiet morning reading, Sandy Wilcox picked us up for lunch on the Fish Hoek Beach. A little chilly eating outside (after all this IS winter), but not bad.


I ate grilled calamari yesterday, so today I had deep fried calamari. (That's squid for those who don't know, a favorite of mine since Mozambique days.)

Sandy served with SIM in Ethiopia for many years (although not when we lived there). Now she trains ESL teachers for using English teaching in ministry. Very stimulating conversation about everything under the sun. After lunch Sandy suggested a walk up the beach.



Should have shaded my lens on this one.
Delightful afternoon. I hope we were an encouragement to Sandy. She certainly was to us.

We came back to our guest house and walked next door for a very slow fast-food chicken sandwich for Steve, chicken-and-mushroom pie for me. The latter is very typical both here and in UK and was on my eat-it-while-you-are-in-South-Africa list.

No comments:

Post a Comment