Monday, February 29, 2016

Day 6: Osijek

Would you believe I took no photos today? Maybe that is because most of the day I had my nose to the computer in the library of Evangelical Theological Seminary. They have moved the workroom out of the basement into the daylight of the main floor. (The two I am posting are from my archive of two years ago.)


I got through several boxes of donated books. I was pleasantly surprised at how new and relevant most of the books were--until I got to box of early- to mid-20th c, heavily underlined, not particularly significant in the first place books. Those went into a "we don't need this box."

Deborah is now assistant head under Andrew the IT guy. It was great to see her again. She took me bicycling last time. We went downtown to where the youth were holding an outdoor meeting. Had some interesting conversations in this Catholic culture.


Went for a vigorous walk in the mist after work. Disappointed to see they have torn up the walk along the river. Looks like they are putting down drainage pipes. Hopefully, the path will be rebuilt, but now in the next two weeks!

We get our main meal with the students at noon. Rice, pork chops and sauce with pickled peppers as vegetable. Flavors were nice, but it was all room temperature. Different priorities, I guess. For supper we picked up some fresh bread at the bakery on the corner and made some cup-a-soup. We'll go out some evenings, but not tonight. Not in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment