Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tuesday-Wednesday, Days 6-7: In flight

Left Patty's at 8:15 in the morning. Heavy traffic for one stretch but otherwise not bad. An hour in the lounge. Steve is not planning to renew his membership so this was one last time to enjoy. We flew business class, taking advantage of an unusually good deal. The beds actually go flat, although slightly tilted. After a pleasant lunch on real dishes with real silverware, we took our sleeping pills and sacked out. I think I got about four hours. After that I dozed and listened to my audio book--The Red Queen, the second in Philippa Gregory's Cousin's War Series of the War of the Roses. Margaret Beaufort is a much less attractive character than Elizabeth Woodward of the first book.

It took about an hour to get through immigration and customs and then there was Simeon, sitting on his mother's shoulders, grinning. He remembered us and was excited to see us. I sat in the back seat with him although I was so tired that the stop-and-go of heavy traffic gave me motion sickness and made it hard to play as he would have liked. It was after 8 by the time we got to the house, so I was content to go to bed. Woke to this view out the bedroom window, complete with screen.

Erika's house looks like the brick building across the parking lot. We are one of the middle 2nd and 3rd floor apartments with Seoul just beyond the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment