Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thursday, Day 21: Birthday at Lotte World

Thursday was the day Simeon had been looking forward to--"I'm four!"

We celebrated at Lotte World, a sort of cross between Disneyland and Camp Snoopy at Mall of America.  Lotte is a major conglomerate, whose name I have often seen on skating jackets at Worlds.



There are lots of rides. We took turns riding with Simeon.


Here is Simeon's favorite. There was no line, so he went four times in a row before we convinced him to try something else.



Part of the park is inside (The ice rink is not included, but next time in Korea I need to bring my skates.) Part is outside.

The sky is partly overcast and partly major pollution.
Great parade of characters. Simeon is in love with the butterflies.



Cameras and selfies are popular here. There was a large "Trick Eye" room. You can see what an angel my grandson is.



Or maybe not.


Dan had a Memorial Day picnic that Erika and Simeon went to as well. They came home to Simeon's favorite (rice flour) spaghetti. Presents included a baseball and glove (big hit at the picnic), Legos that he still couldn't put down on the toilet this morning, and lots of books.

Friday morning he asked me, "Am I still four?" I assured him that he would be four all year and never be three again. Now he off with his daddy to change the oil in the car before we take off for the weekend. Stay tuned. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment