Friday, April 14, 2017

Back to Korea

Back to Korea—for the fourth time! I flew alone Wednesday to Thursday this week. Steve will join me later. We had a bit of mechanical delay, but otherwise no problems. I even slept several hours. The delay meant I didn’t arrive until after Erika’s Maundy Thursday service was over, and it was easier for her to meet me. But she didn’t come to the airport. This time I took the Airport Limosine Bus to Ichon Station across from the visitor gate. She met me there. Piece of cake.


Erika had planned to take me to look at cherry blossoms on Friday, but it was raining. Not a nice day for parks, but fine for shopping. After taking care of my documentation for the base, we took the subway to Nagwon Music Market--four floors of nothing but musical instruments, plus more music shops in the surrounding streets. 



Simeon has repeatedly expressed a desire to learn to play guitar. Of course, he sees his mom playing and singing in church several times a week. (He thinks "rehearsal" means "church.") Erika bought her guitar at a Martin shop just outside the main market and has been very happy with it. We were shopping for a small size guitar for Simeon. Amazing how much difference a few hundred dollars make. Sigh. They were significantly more expensive than we had expected. She has found cheaper on-line, but all the reviews say they are junk. We’ll see. As soon as Simeon was handed a guitar to try, he started to sing, “We love you, Lord!” The sales guy got a kick out of him. We came home to think about it some more.


1 comment:

  1. In case anyone reads this who knows guitars, the one Simeon is holding in the picture is a $400+ Baby Taylor. :-) Sounded fabulous, but a little pricey for a 4-yr-old.

    ReplyDelete