Saturday, April 15, 2017

Preparing for Easter

Tomorrow is Easter. Erika normally leads worship for the ROCK service and sings in the choir for the Cornerstone service. The alto section is very weak. Katie joined her last month, and I will tomorrow. I’m not the only one joining at the last minute. There was a two-hour rehearsal this morning. Simeon sat with the iPad and earphones, amusing himself with movies and games and occasionally forgetting where he was and adding his own sound affects.

Tomorrow will begin with a sunrise service in the garden of the hotel. Erika is singing in a small group for that. Then the ROCK service (with rehearsal for Erika before). Then a break because the Cornerstone service has been moved to the afternoon, but we have another rehearsal at 3. That will be a VERY interesting service, but more about that after it happens.

We came home from rehearsal and grabbed lunch. Then Dan took off with Simeon for the aquarium. It has turned into a lovely day despite the pollution, so I preferred to be outside. Erika had work to do on tomorrow’s music and wanted the house to herself, so I took off for the National Museum Park. It is only a few hundred yards from Erika’s house, but there is not gate in that direction, so it was about a 1.25 mile walk in each direction. Good exercise. I took my thermal mug of tea and my phone with my camera and e-book on it and had a great time. The more sunshine, the easier it is for the body to adjust time.


This is cheery blossom season, and I kept thinking how my mom would have loved it. One of the things I really enjoyed seeing was all the Korean families picnicking. Some sat at picnic tables, but many sat on blankets on the grass with shared trays of tidbits in the middle, talking and reaching with chopsticks to pick up tasty bites.


Blossoms rained down like snow.
The blue and yellow in the background are tents families have set up for shade for children's naps.

This tree just outside Erika and Dan's apartment is beautiful.
Their place is upstairs on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment