Thursday, November 4, 2021

Grand Canyon, South Rim


We felt the vastness of the Grand Canyon much more at the South Rim than at the North. It's also more crowded.

We found a picnic spot at an overlook...

...where we enjoyed the incredible view

It's often hard to glimpse the Colorado River so far below. I am amazed at God's patience in carving out this place. I had to pinch myself over and over. I'm really here.

I took a gazillion more pictures, but I won't bore you. Besides, I'll have a gazillion more tomorrow. I have been mentally stringing them all into a movie with instrumental Christian music in the background. That will have to wait until we get home.

We saw elk several times.

We settled Mom in the hotel room a few miles from the rim, and Steve and I returned to Yavapai Point to watch the shadows change as the sun set.

On the schedule for tomorrow? Sunrise and an early morning hike.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment