Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Xiling Gorge


Xiling Gorge is below the dam, unaffected by the change in water level. It was misting and not everyone chose to watch. I had the front deck to myself much of the time. By sitting back under the overhang with my umbrella over my knees I managed to stay dry. Hot tea kept me cozy. All the gorges acted as wind tunnels, hence the dramatic hairdo.


The mountains were less high in Xiling Gorge, and we could see signs of a road, tunnels and houses from time to time.



The road made me think of our first sight of the road to Skagway, Alaska, from the train. We gazed across the valley and thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to drive?" A couple years later we did. Today I was having the same, "Wouldn't it be cool" feelings, but driving on our own in China would be a bit more complicated. The idea of exploring the walks and trails around these buildings in the National Park only added to my desire.




No comments:

Post a Comment